Thursday, March 12, 2015

Arnaud Glannes: “Concierge Hotels is a Challenge for Me”


Arnaud Glannes, you recently joined the Concierge Hotels team. Can you tell us a bit about your job?
I joined Concierge Hotels two weeks ago as Sales and Conciergerie Manager. I will be supporting the development of services for the conciergerie clients and also work on customer relations. I coordinate the team of concierges; work on special VIP requests; approach partners and service providers, and I also take care of the recruitment and training of concierges. As for the sales part of my job, I respond to customer requests and I also look for new clients.
What motivated you to join Concierge Hotels?
Concierge Hotels has a young and dynamic team which I was eager to join. As part of this team, my challenge will be to develop this unique conciergerie concept and make it grow and prosper. Joining Concierge Hotels as Sales and Conciergerie Manager also means that I will be working on sales and reservations for hotel booking. This will also be a challenge and a challenge is always an exciting endeavor!
And what is your background?
I started working in the tourism sector fifteen years ago in Paris as a concierge. I then moved in 2008 to Hawaii USA to work as Guest Services Manager at The Hilton Hawaiian Village, a 3600 rooms hotel located in Waikiki Beach. In 2009 I was promoted by Hilton Hotels as Director of Guest Services for the opening of the Waldorf Astoria Orlando Florida. My Lovely wife Jennifer is Mauritian that is why we decided to move to Mauritius in 2011. In 2012, I did the opening of the St Regis Mauritius Resort as Director of Guest Experiences in charge of the Rooms operations including Concierges and Butlers services. Having worked in the telecommunications sector before, I went back to the phone industry after one year and now I’m back in the tourism industry. And I’m here to stay… I am also part of Union International des Concierge d'Hotels (UICH). In 2005 I became a Clefs d’Or Concierge in France and I got the same recognition in the United States in 2009. Being a Clefs d’Or concierge means you are an experienced concierge who is dedicated to providing excellent service to all. You have only a few concierge Clefs d’Or in Mauritius.

No comments:

Post a Comment